Swinburne Astronomy Productions offer consulting services in the astronomy, stereoscopic and full dome visualisation areas. Our expertise includes content creation, software development, high performance hardware systems and optical design.
We have the skills and experience in visualising a range of astronomical datasets and concepts. Over the last five years, our team has
conducted the majority of the visualisation for Swinburne's Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing. Additionally, we have developed material to support news
services for major astronomical events, provided real world visualisations to third party groups and contributed to planetarium shows. We are available to consult
on, or provide content for, the following activities:
- Provide access to our library of content, suitable for television broadcast
- Production of sequences suitable for television broadcast
- Work on special projects for research and/or public education
- Help with promotion of major astronomical events through visualisation
- Provide web streaming support for real-time astronomical events (such as eclipses, meteor showers, etc)
Stereoscopic visualisation adds the third dimension (depth) to create an immersive environment for visualisation of 3D datasets/images. At Swinburne Astronomy Productions, we use stereoscopic projection to visualise datasets for research groups across Swinburne. Achieving realistic and "good" stereoscopic visualisation is a fine art. The process invariably relies on experience and a high level of understanding about what works well. We can offer services in everything from consultation about your ideas, to producing your visualisation ourselves.